Open Cut Mines Rescue challenge
Simtars was proud to be a sponsor of the recent Open Cut Mines Rescue challenge hosted by QMRS at Boonal Rescue Station from the 30th of September to the 1st of October 2022.
This year teams competed across seven rescue scenarios:
- Road crash rescue simulating a multi vehicle car/truck accident with rain, thunder and low lighting
- Mine site confined space rescue simulation utilising a silo and winch
- Fire rescue simulating a mine site gas fire
- Fire rescue simulating an underground mine fire with multiple trapped workers
- Multiple casualties, simulating a collision between a light vehicle and a bus, and subsequent collision with a structure in close proximity to emergency efforts
- Fitness challenge across multiple exercises
- Vertical rescue, simulating an electric shock and impalement injury at height that required vertical rope rescue
Congratulations to winners Newlands - Glencore (1st) and placeholders Oaky Creek - Glencore (2nd) and Dawson - Anglo American (3rd).
Last updated: 06 Oct 2022