As a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 45647) with over 20 years’ experience, we have been providing high-quality, specialised and practical training from introductory to advanced and specialised technical training to the mining industry.
Our industry-qualified trainers have both practical and academic experience, which helps learners make the vital links between classroom learning and their workplace. We use formal mentoring programs and preparatory workshops for the Queensland Board of Examiners, so industry can be confident that Simtars learners have received rigorous training to be industry and safety compliant.
Our Redbank site is purpose-built to enable practical training and quality learning outcomes. We incorporate modern technologies into our experiential learning. Our facilities are also available for direct hire for your next meeting, training course, workshop or seminar.
Resource sector training
Simtars offers a range of accredited and non-accredited courses that are critical to the mining and resources industry.
- First class mine manager (underground coal)
- Deputy/ERZ controller
- Respirable dust monitoring
- Spontaneous combustion
- Gas analysis and management
- Site safety and health
- Stone dust collection
- Risk reduction
- Ventilation officer (underground coal)
- Ventilation officer (metalliferous)
- Asbestos awareness
- Chemical awareness
- Dangerous goods awareness
- Ex refresher training
- Gas chromatograph (Camgas) training
- Hazardous substance awareness
- Heat stress awareness
- Noise awareness
- Safegas and Segas Professional introductory training
- Safe drilling and blasting (SSE Online)
- Safety awareness (SSE Online)
- Workplace exposure training
Work with us to identify your key learning outcomes and develop tailored training for your staff. We can deliver customised training packages that will support your business goals, achieve safety and health outcomes, and improve productivity. We can help you with:
- training needs analysis
- 'train the trainer'
- training system design
- curriculum and material development
- development of supporting technology.
Last updated: 27 Feb 2023