Occupational Health (OH) is led by Executive Director Dean Barr. The OH division focuses on ensuring occupational disease and other health harms are detected early so that workers can get help, and to inform the effectiveness of industry controls.
- regulates compulsory medicals for mining and quarry workers, including under the Coal Mine Workers’ Health Scheme
- registers doctors and medical providers
- facilitates medical records submission and access through ResHealth
- reports on industry health trends including mine dust lung disease
- provides information about lung health and facilitates free checks for retired workers
- supports and delivers research, training, and development of best practice.
Team members are located in Brisbane and Toowoomba.
Last updated: 19 Jul 2022