Changes to approved compliance materials under the Petroleum and Gas Regulation 2018
The Petroleum and Gas (Safety) Regulation 2018 came into effect from 1 September 2018.
We have updated compliance materials (certificates, notices and plates) to align with these changes.
New compliance materials
These forms have been approved by the Chief Inspector, Petroleum and Gas and must be used by licence or authority holders from 1 July 2019:
- PGSA733(S): Gas device (type B) approval certificate (available February 2019)
- PGSA734A(3): Defect notice (available February 2019)
- PGSA734(3)(a): Gas system compliance certificate (available February 2019)
- PGSR102(2): Vehicle/vessel gas system inspection certificate (available February 2019)
- PGSR96(3)B v2: Gas system compliance plate
Transition period for implementation
A transition period from 1 September 2018 to 30 June 2019 allows licence and authority holders to exhaust existing stocks and obtain new gas system compliance certificate, defect notice and vehicle/vessel inspection certificate books.
In relation to the compliance plates, the new regulation required a change to section number reference. We have approved the continued use of any old plates until industry exhausts their existing stock.
If you have already bought new books and plates, you should use those now. However, any old plates can be used until you exhaust your stock.
If you have not yet purchased new books, please order gas certificates, plates and notices online before 30 June 2019 to update your compliance materials.
To ensure you stay up to date please:
- email email@example.com to verify your details with the Licensing and Authorisation Unit
- save our email addresses (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com) to your safe sender list, so our emails don’t go to your junk or spam folders
- attend our trade nights
- read our SMS critical communications
- connect with us on social media.
- For more information about your gas licence, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information about gas safety, email email@example.com.
Find out more
- Read about gas work licences and authorisations.
Last updated: 21 Jul 2020