Resources Safety & Health Queensland (RSHQ) is the regulator of safety and health in the Queensland resources sector.
We administer a range of Acts and the sub-ordinate legislation designed to keep resources workers and the community they operate in safe and healthy.
We provide advice on and implement the policies of the government, and champion legislative, process and behaviour changes to advance the vision of a zero serious harm resources sector in Queensland.
The projects listed on this page are initiatives we have underway to deliver on our vision.
Explosives & fireworks
Mines & quarries
- Board of Inquiry into recent incidents in Queensland coal mining
- Queensland mine safety framework
- Miners Memorial Day
- Respirable dust exposure level review
- Improving safety in the mining and quarrying sector
Resources policy & legislation
- Queensland’s independent resources safety and health regulator
- Strong safety laws for Queensland mines
Petroleum & gas
- Changes to approved compliance materials under the Petroleum and Gas Regulation 2018
- Petroleum and gas sector legislation amendments
- LPG cylinder safety reports
Last updated: 21 Jul 2020