Queensland fireworks complaints

Warning: Never handle fireworks, whether used or unused.

Only licensed fireworks contractors can legally conduct fireworks displays. View the list of notified public displays.

If the fireworks are occurring now, phone Policelink 131 444 or your local police station.

For a complaint about noise or frequency of firework displays, please contact your local council’s complaints or contact line.

For matters regarding safety, timing or that you were not notified, please complete this form. Required fields are marked with an asterisk ( * ).

Your contact details

Preferred contact

Type of Event

Did you receive prior notification (e.g. letterbox flyer)

Fireworks display details

Date *

Reason for your complaint

Select any that apply.

Do you know if fireworks have been used previously at this location?


Have you already reported your concerns or complaints about the fireworks display? If yes, select any that apply.

Additional information

Is there anything else you would like to tell us?

Upload attachments

Please upload any relevant attachments (e.g. photographs, maps). Maximum of 2 attachments, with maximum file size 5MB per attachment.

Declaration *

I understand that all information supplied on or with this application form may be disclosed publicly in accordance with the Right to Information Act 2009, the Information Privacy Act 2009 or the Evidence Act 1977.

Email for more information.